Today was finally Carter's first day of school. It seems like his school started later than a lot of the others - especially the year round schools. Carter has been very anxious to start. We bought his school supplies weeks ago and he has literally been counting down the days.
He had a good day today and immediately told me that they had Jack from Jack and the Beanstalk come and visit them because he lost his beans and needed help finding them. He is also very excited that Friday is pizza day for lunch and has already memorized his lunch number so that he doesn't "miss out" on pizza day. He also told me that it should be an even more exciting day than today because he would get to do math, art, music, and centers tomorrow. It was hard to feel sad at all this morning when I dropped him off because he was SO excited to finally be in school.
Thursday, August 28, 2008
Carter's First Day of School
Posted by
Lamont and Melissa Larsen
at
9:56 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Carter you are so cute.. I am glad you are enjoying school. It sounds like you are going to have a great year.
OH I hope you enjoy your pizza today. Mmmm
His school did start later than most! I can't believe you have one in school AND has been in school for a couple of years! So what are you and McKay doing these days while Carter is in school?
Wow, I have missed a lot. First, congrats on the calling. You will do fantastic and the girls will love you. Second, yeah for Carter. He will blow all the teachers away. I am glad you are all doing well.
It is sad to see them go:( Just be thankful he loves it so much, it makes it a little easier. I hope he has a great year!
They grow up too fast! I'm sure Carter will have a very good school year. How nice that he has memorized his student number! The girls can never remember theirs and we are always looking them up! Carter looks so handsome and I can't believe he is in "real" school now!!
He's such a smarty pants- what is his teacher even going to do with him??? I'm so glad he enjoys school and learning- it makes your life so much easier!
Post a Comment