Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Our Future Scriptorian?!


Carter has recently gotten into the scriptures. I know it may sound funny, but he regularly does Bible stories in school and memorizes scriptures in the New Testament. So, to balance this out a little bit and to give him something more to do, we gave him the Book of Mormon reader. He just loved being able to see the pictures of the stories we were reading in the Book of Mormon as a family, and was anxious to find out what happened next. The other night at dinner he announced to us that he had finished the Book of Mormon reader. We had given it to him three days ago! I knew he was reading it during his nap time, but we weren't sure if this could really be true. So, we asked him about many stories from the Book of Mormon and he remembered ALL of the stories that we asked him about. He has now started on the Old Testament reader. He has always loved the Friend magazine and just devours it when it comes in the mail, but I never thought those old readers would be so exciting!

4 comments:

Jon & Bridget said...

I have to admit sometime I would rather read that BOM reader. Seems a little bit easier to understand. :) He is going to be that cute kid in primary that knows all the answers and impresses everyone. :) Bridget

Gavin and Shawna said...

I'm telling you...Doogie Howser!! That Carter is going to graduate high school by 13 and be done with med school by 17...he is so focussed. He really is far beyond his years. And such a stinkin' cute kid.
Tell him "hi" for Christian.

Mary said...

This is awesome. What a special boy he is!! He has such a sweet spirit!!

Sharee Gariety said...

Wow. Go Carter. That's great that he's so excited about the scriptures--he's like a parents' dream come true!