I guess every mother likes to brag about her children sometimes. I usually try to not "toot my horn" too often, but I am so proud of my children and all their accomplishment and I feel that Carter's parent/teacher conference maybe warrants a little bragging. This past week Carter and I both attended his "Dreams and Wishes" goal setting conference. His teacher's report could not have been better. Last year we had a few minor problems of crying and trouble working in groups. It seems that he has now matured and that those are no longer issues. His teacher said that he has a wonderful math mind and recommended him in the top 1st/2nd grade math class. He also tested at 97% on his timed addition facts drill and 73% on his timed subtraction drill. Carter has always been a good reader and loved reading, but I have worried about his comprehension. His teacher surprised me by telling me that he is at a fifth grade reading comprehension level and sixth to seventh grade reading and decoding level. But, even better she said that he is a "courteous, friendly, and quiet[hmm?]young man, and a pleasure to have in her classroom." I couldn't be prouder. For a reward we went a got some Cold Stone ice cream that night. Keep up the good work Carter!
Sunday, October 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Definitely worth bragging about! Way to go Carter. Very good reports!
That is so wonderful! Little cute smarty pants :) Good job!
Way to go Carter!! (but not surprised either) haven't they talked to you yet about him skipping some grades?! :) We miss ya'll. Kayden & I started doing a pre-k group like we did when Carter & Karston were young . . . if only McKay were here. :(
Doogie...I've been telling you for years. THat boy of yours is a genius. In fact, he may finish Med school before we are ready to settle down=))
Nice job Carter-- you're an awesome little man!!
Yea Carter! Good looks and brains...I love when you brag about your kids!
Melissa-
Isn't it great to get a great report back from parent teacher conferences. It's nice to know how our kids are behaving away from home. Kira is always more behaved away from home thank goodness. She saves all the fits and craziness for me! Your son is brilliant because of you my dear! Love-Aly
Josh and I are happy to be a proud uncle and aunt! Carter will be a great example for his little cousin!
AWESOME!! I still brag about him to other people. He could read perfectly at 3!!!! He still amazes me!! What a cute little smarty pants you have!!
Post a Comment