Thursday, June 4, 2009

Memorial Weekend

We did not go anywhere for Memorial day this year, but were lucky to have my sister Michelle come into town and spend the weekend with us. We decided to check out Golden, CO for the day and went to Heritage Square. It was set up like an old fashioned town with a little amusement park inside. We let the boys choose a couple rides to go on, but most of all they wanted to mini golf. McKay felt like he knew what he was doing and didn't even want any help. But, I would have to say the highlight was the Alpine Slide. We took the ski lifts to the top of the mountain and then went down on little bobsleds. It was beautiful up there and a lot of fun. McKay kept accelerating our sled - no fear! Afterwards we went to scope out Red Rocks Amphitheater. It was gorgeous and I can see why it is a hot venue for concerts.




On Monday we went to a Larsen BBQ up in Broomfield and then hit the Rockies Baseball game. Luckily we dodged the rain and all had a great time. Thanks Aunt Michelle for coming to visit and for giving us an excuse to do so many fun things!

2 comments:

Alyson Bailey said...

Hey Melissa-
Cute pictures-it looks like you guys had a great memorial day weekend. I can't believe how grown up Michelle is. At first glance I thought that was Melanie. And you don't even look like you've had a baby. Did the stork bring that one to you on your door step? I, on the other had, am getting bigger by the day-and hotter! I've never experienced pregnancy in the summer-take care, Aly

Anonymous said...

Okay Melissa...what is Alyson Bailey's email address so I can say hello and also invite her to our blog??!!