Wednesday, January 28, 2009

One month and counting...

I finally feel like I am in the home stretch of this pregnancy. Since we know that we will have to do a C-Section we already have the date scheduled for (drumroll) Feb.28! We will deliver at 39 weeks. I feel about ready to be done with this pregnancy,normal fatigue and aches and pains, but I realized that have hardly done anything to prepare for his actual arrival. I have not even bought a single diaper and most of my baby stuff is still all boxed up. All of a sudden time is catching up with me! I guess it is a good thing that we have so much boy stuff already. It is just a matter of locating it and cleaning it. Also, I need to make a list of things to buy such as diapers, wipes, blankets, pacifiers, baby wash, ect. and then just go shopping. Yeah, I am starting to get excited for his arrival just thinking about it. Now for a name...

11 comments:

Patty said...

Wow, it is getting close! Keep us posted. Good luck!!

Anonymous said...

So you should now post the final prego photos!!! And do you have a name picked out?

Jennett said...

I am so excited for another nephew!! Can't wait to meet him :)

Family said...

4 more weeks I am so Jealous!! I cant wait to see him!! I bet your boys are getting excited.

Kristi said...

I just read how busy you guys have been and I can understand why you haven't been able to get to the baby things yet. Sheesh! I can't believe all the traveling you did over Christmas. You guys are good sports! It was really fun to see you and Lamont at the reception. Your boys are darling!! Having 3 girls is nice because, like you said, you really don't have to go out and buy much for the third. You'll be just fine! I feel for you in the callings...Richard was just made EQ president and I am in the RS presidency...it's busy at our house, too! We love you guys and can't wait to hear about cute baby #3!!

Mary said...

What about Rhett? I love that name and it seems to go with the cute, original names of Carter and McKay. I was just adding my 2 cents!! Whatever his name is, I'm sure he'll be just as cute as his brothers. Can't wait to see!!

Travis and Jamie said...

So excited for you!! Isn't it nice to know the exact day and time babies will come.

Gavin and Shawna said...

my vote is Shawn...for obvious reasons! I cannot believe how fast this has gone for me=))) ... was it fast for you? I agree, we would like the final cute Mel pics!
Keep us posted.

Tynel Jarnagin said...

Isn't it crazy how the preparation for a new baby decreases with each child? I think you are already so busy with your other kids, you don't have time to do all the prep for the new one. It all works out in the end! I am excited for you!

Melanie said...

Hi Melissa,
congrats on your upcoming day!! I don't think I bought anything for girl 3 and somehow we managed to have everything we needed. There are a few advantages to same sex families, right? Good luck!

The Bright Family said...

I wish you were here so we could give you a shower!!! :)