Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Holiday Whirlwind

It has taken me a long time to get our Christmas posting up; I think I am still recovering from all the holiday travels. Don't get me wrong, we had a great time and it was so nice to have a break from work, school, and church callings - but sometimes I feel like I need a vacation from the vacation. Also, it is just hard after a long break to get back into the swing of the things. So, now that I've had a moment to breathe here is a synopsis of our holiday break.

We travelled to Utah on Dec. 19 to attend Lamont's brother, Bennett's wedding. Everything was beautiful and wonderful, despite the anxiety of travel delays by many. It was so nice to have the whole family together for this important day.




The boys and I had one more day in Utah before it was off to spend Christmas in Texas. We had a Christmas brunch and present opening with my family before Lamont had to drive back to Denver that afternoon. The next morning the boys and I flew to Dallas.



Lamont worked another day and then drove all our presents down to Texas - he is quite the trooper with all the driving. When then spent a nice Christmas with his family in Sherman. We followed the family tradition and Carter and McKay hid from Santa Christmas morning. Carter was excited to see Santa bring in a kitchen for him (just like in his dreams he said) and McKay couldn't wait to ride the bike that Santa brought for him.




Following Christmas there was an open house to prepare for: lots of Cheesecakes to be made and decorating to be done. The open house was also beautiful and turned out really well.




It was then onto New Years. Carter was so funny about preparing a 2009 party for us all to participate in. The party consisted of Chinese food, games, ice cream, and fireworks. He made us all 2009 signs to wave about as we sang "We wish you a happy new year." The next day it was time to make the 12-13 hour trek back home, which brings us back to all the Christmas take down here. Whew!

5 comments:

knjfabela said...

I was so good to see you and your family in Texas at the reception. I am so glad you were able to make it!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear from you!! AND get some photos to see the whole fam! I honestly can't keep up with who all is getting married anymore...isn't that sad??!! Aren't you on the 6 week countdown?

Gavin and Shawna said...

YEAH!! an update!! Looks like you had a very busy and fun season. I cannot believe Bennett is married!! You look so cute prego.

Tynel Jarnagin said...

Looks like fun! And I can totally relate to needed a vacation after the vacation! Try to get some rest!

Taryn said...

Fun pictures! You look great!