Friday, August 15, 2008

Ward Family Campout

Last weekend we headed to a beautiful area in the Colorado mountains for a little family campout with the ward. It has been a long time since we have camped together as a family. In fact, McKay has not been since he was a baby. We headed up last Friday after work only to move into a very heavy rainstorm. In my opinion, camping and rain don't mix. We ended up making a little pit stop to Wendy's so we would not have to roast our hot dogs in the rain. By the time we got to the campout it was just perfect because the rain had just stopped. The turnout at the camp was small, but those of us who were there had a great time and the rain even decided to stay away. The boys both slept well through the night, after I repositioned them in their sleeping bags several times.


In the morning we enjoyed some delicious breakfast burritos and pancakes. Afterwards we had some fun relay competitions with the other ward in the next campsite over. Lamont and I even participated in a couple of relays and a tug-of-war. The boys had a blast and are still talking about how much fun the campout was and wondering when we can go again. I guess we may have to hit the mountains one more time before the cool fall weather comes.

5 comments:

Patty said...

I have fond memories of campouts with my family. I'm sure your boys will too. Good times!!

Tynel Jarnagin said...

I love the pictures! It looks like it was a lot of fun... and I have to confess I'm a little jealous that there was a need for JACKETS!!

Sharee Gariety said...

looks like fun! Colorado is so beautiful. Hey, we're getting tickets for the BYU/Airforce game. We should get tickets together so we can sit together!

Anonymous said...

What a cool ward activity!!!

Mary said...

How fun! I still can't believe how big the boys are getting. They really are adorable!!