Monday, August 11, 2008

Swimming Lessons

Carter just finished a session of swimming lessons last week. It was four days a week for three weeks in lessons. This was great because Carter was able to have the consistency that he needed to really learn to start swimming. I noticed great improvements that he made over the course of three weeks. He was so proud when the session ended and he was advanced to the next level.




*McKay cannot do swimming lessons until he is three. He definitely has a fear of the water. There was a baby pool next to the big one where he was able to "play in" while Carter was in lessons. Actually, I was doing good just to get him to step all the way into the pool. So, I guess his lesson this summer was to overcome the fear of the water. I am not sure if he advanced to the next level, however. Oh well, there's always next summer!

5 comments:

Mary said...

Way to go Carter!! I sure miss those boys!! They are too cute!!

Anonymous said...

How funny...next year McKay will hopefully love the water!phqxe

Family said...

Good Job Carter! Your kids are so cute..
My kids love to swim. They have spent alot of time in the pool this summer.

Patty said...

I remember I had a couple that had a fear of the water, but they did eventually overcome it. Your boys are getting so big and handsome!

Gavin and Shawna said...

Hey Melissa-
Did I ever thank you for those phone numbers?
Cute pics. That's awesome that Carter's taking to the water so well. And McKay will come around.
How's Colorado?
Take care-
shawn