Sunday, May 18, 2008

Father's and Sons Campout, by Carter



Friday was the Father's and Sons campout. I went with Daddy and McKay stayed home with Mommy. First we drove up and got some Wendy's for dinner. Then we got to the camp and stayed in campsite #5. There was snow on the ground so we had to move it out of the way to put up the tent. Then we built a fire and had marshmallows and hot chocolate. And I was pretty tired so I went to bed early after it got dark. We had pancakes, one sausage, and juice for breakfast. We went on a hike and saw a beaver dam. We also saw lots of deer. It was a good campout. Next time McKay can come.

5 comments:

Ericka Johnson said...

Good job Carter! It sounds like you had a lot of fun and the campsite looks very beautiful and cold!

The Bright Family said...

Karston is very jealous!! He wants to live where you live--with the snow!! :) We miss you Carter!

Gavin and Shawna said...

SNOWW??? On a father son campout?? What happened to campouts on the sandy beaches?? Now I know we don't belong in the mountain west! Did they freeze in the night??
Anyhow- sweet typing Carter! Very impressive...but not surprising coming from Doogie!!

Mary said...

Cute picture!! Looks like he had a great time!! How did they not freeze?!?!

Liberty Weaver said...

Thanks for the invite to your blog. I'm just now catching on to this! Carter's blog was adorable!!