Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Our Anniversary Trip



To celebrate our anniversary this year we decided to take a trip to visit Lamont's brother Alan and his family in Baltimore. This was a perfect excuse to visit Washington D.C., Philadelphia, and New York city at the same time. I have never been back east before, so this was a big eye opener to me, especially New York. My parents and sisters were so great to watch the boys for us so that we could enjoy time with one another and see all the sights. We dropped the boys off in Salt Lake and even got in a little family there before we flew off.



We went to D.C. first and hit it hard. D.C. is such a great city and there is so much to learn there about American history. It just amazing to be there. Unfortunatly it was raining the first day there, but the next two were beautiful. We saw so many museums, and thanks to Lamont's cousin Gordon we had tours at the White House and Capitol. We loved seeing all the monuments as well, even though by the end I thought my legs were going to fall off. We also had a great time visiting with Alan and Bonnie and their cute kids.








It was then onto NYC by way of Philadelphia. That was an awesome city and not at all what I expected. Everything was so close and quaint. We were able to see the Liberty Bell and even enjoyed a Philly Cheesesteak sandwich for lunch.



NYC was crazy! We took in a lot of site-seeing, we saw Mary Poppins on broadway which was excellent,and even ran into Mariah Carey at the Empire State Building. We also took the ferry to the Statue of Liberty and went up to the pedestal.





We had such a great time together and the boys had such a great time with Grandma and Grandpa. I think it was a great get-away for not only us but the boys too. I guess that means we'll have to do it again sometime!

5 comments:

Sharee Gariety said...

Wow! What a great trip! We saw some of that stuff when we lived back there a few years ago, but it's sad that when you live someplace you don't get around to seeing nearly as much as you should. The east coast has so much history and so much to do and see. How fun! I'm so glad you guys got to have such a wonderful anniversary trip!

Anonymous said...

Heck ya - if EVERYONE had a great time then why not make it an annual thing:)

Mary said...

LUCKY!! I want a get away with my husband!! I guess that's what I get for having #3!! : ) I'm glad you had fun!!

Jenny said...

DC is so great! How fun that you guys went on a trip! I hope you're absolutely loving Colorado!

Hunt Family Ramblings said...

Looks like a great trip! SOrry I haven't posted more, but it's been fun to see what you guys are up to! HOpe to keep in touch!