Thursday, April 17, 2008

Happy Birthday Carter!!!


Carter turned 5 years old on Monday the 14th. In some ways it is hard to believe that I have a child that old in other ways Carter seems so much older than five to me. He had a great day celebrating at school with some rice krispy treats and even got a birthday crown from his teacher. That night he got to choose the meal for dinner, ribs and twice baked potatoes, and fresh fruit salad -yum!!! He also chose a lemon cake, which had a few issues being too crumbly so don't look too close, and some rainbow sherbet. Of course the highlight of his day was the presents! He was hoping that his birthday would make a posting on the blog. So, happy birthday Carter!! We love you very much and are happy you're such an important part of our family.

7 comments:

Jon & Bridget said...

Happy Birthday Carter!!!! I remember being so excited to go to school on my birthday. I think we used to get a big pile of pictures that the kids colored for us. Fun Fun stuff. By the way... the cake looks really good. Lemon is one of my favorites too. :)

Ericka Johnson said...

Happy birthday Carter!! How fun to be 5. What cute boys you have! Oh, and the cake looks great! :)

Anonymous said...

I thought he was 9!!!!:)Happy Birthday Carter....

The Bright Family said...

Happy Birthday Carter!!!

Mary said...

Haooy Birthday Carter!! The BIG 5!! Can you believe how big our babies are getting?!?! SAD!! I'm glad you guys are doing well. Addy found her necklace that Carter made her yesterday...she was so excited!!

Mary said...

I meant "Happy" Birthday.... : )

The Bright Family said...

We can't wait to see ya'lls pictures from DC!! That's weird ya'll were in DC the same time as Josh--you might be in some of his pictures!! :) Hey--Happy Anniversary too!!! (I know we both have ours about the same time.) We could have traded off babysitting if you still lived here! :(