After a very long and painful 16 day option period, we finally signed a full contact on our home yesterday. The date set to close on the house is Dec. 6. There were several repair issues with our home that we have had to work through, and warranty companies sure work on their own time frame. Also, the buyers seemed to think that they needed everything in new or perfect condition when the home is ten years old. I think selling this home has been one of the most stressful events of my life. It has made me never want to move again. Our home has only been on the market just over two months, which is very good for the market that we are in. However, those two months sure feel like at least four months. In this market it is hard not to feel like we have been taken to the cleaners - I could go on and on. However, considering ALL the circumstances we feel very blessed that everything has worked out and little by little fallen into place for us.
Friday, November 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Isn't it such a relief to have your home sold?? You sure learn a lot when tables are turned and you are in the seller's position. Congratulations to you both!
I am so glad I was super easy on my sellers for our house...what goes around comes around. I am sorry you guys had to go through all that crap. But am glad it all worked out (hopefully, right?!)...as a side note, are you sure you guys can't stay??!! =))
That's great.We hope you have a great time in Denver.
so now that the coastal breeze doesn't apply...what title comes next??
i realize this is my 3rd comment on this--but i drove by the house the other day and it has a SOLD sign up! Sweet!!
what's going on with the Larsens!?!? Did everything with closing go ok? Can you believe when ya'll left Texas--Romney shows up & gives a speech in College Station?!? I know Lamont for sure would want to have been there. I think Romney did a good job. :)
Post a Comment