We're back! I know it has been a very long time since we have posted. But, to be fair I just got my internet access back yesterday. I feel as if I have been isolated from the world. SO much has happened in the past couple of weeks. This has been such a huge transition time for us. We moved out of Corpus the Monday before Thanksgiving. Thank you to the many who helped make our move from Corpus easier! We then spent Thanksgiving up in Sherman with the Larsen's. We had a great time and it was a nice break from all the packing.
The Saturday after Thanksgiving we began our journey to Denver and arrived Sunday afternoon. We closed on our new house Mon., Nov 26 first thing in the morning. Unfortunately, the moving company did not make it until Tuesday, so we hung out at the hotel and did what we could around the new house until then. The first morning in our new home we had a warm (or rather cold) welcome to Denver by awaking to a couple inches of snow. We quickly realized that we would need to make a trip later that day to Walmart to buy a snow shovel and ice scrapers.
The other big piece of news is that we closed on our home in Corpus yesterday. HOORAY! All the needed repairs were finished the day before and it is now official that we have sold our home. We are so glad to be able to move on from that experience.
We are now starting to get settled here and the boxes are whittling down. We are in the process of making the adjustments to make the house livable. I think it will feel even more like home when I don't feel like we are living in a fish bowl and we get some blinds. We are starting to meet some new people here, but I still miss Corpus and often wonder what is going on there. I guess that is just part of the whole transition. Anyways, it is beautiful here and I am enjoying my mountain view even though I am freezing right now. I guess that is just another adjustment to make, right?
Friday, December 7, 2007
Moving On
Posted by
Lamont and Melissa Larsen
at
2:50 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
You aren't missing much here--yes, we went to McDonalds this Wednesday, but besides that nothing too exciting going on!! :) It is in the 80s here--we still have the AC on, so enjoy your white Christmas. Hope everything is going great as you get settled into your new home--we miss ya'll. :(
YEAH!!! I am SOOOO excited for you guys!!! And everything w/ the sell of your Corpus home worked out...PHEW!!! Yes, anything on the sell side stinks right now!
Thanks for being one of the only people that understands the moving thing w/ two kids - it's THE worst and I feel bad for the kids who have to deal w/ moody parents:)
Melissa! I just got your Christmas email and saw your blog address on the bottom. It's so great to hear from you! I hope you're absolutely loving Colorado!
I have a blog also. It's:
http://jenny-jks.blogspot.com
I'm still figuring out the job situation, but I don't regret the decision to move at all! I miss you! I hope you guys are having a great holiday season!
Jenny Sturgill :)
Meliss-
so good to hear from you the other day. And even better to see you've returned to the world of the blogging (living =)) I just found some of our friends from Med school out there in denver...just more reasons to make the trip...someday!
hang in there...every place (especially Corpus) takes 6 months to start to feel like home...I think we might finally be there!!
Shawn
Cooper is missing McKay so much. our little preschool is sad without you guys. I hope that you are well! I wish I was in the snow for sure! Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment