Sunday, November 4, 2007

New Ward in Colorado

I went to church in our new ward today. There are a lot of young families similar to us so it seems like it will be a good fit. They also just realigned the ward boundaries to even out the growth from all the new homes being built in our area, so there is a lot of people new to the ward. One interesting thing -- I got a ward directory and there are already two Larsens and one Lawson. Go figure. But one of them has four kids - all girls - so we are definitely NOT related.

3 comments:

Kimball and Marianne Larsen said...

Too funny about the Larsens in your ward! We recently had a Larson family move into our ward from Prosser, WA. He is a dentist and that's all I know about their family. Ward boundaries were recently realigned in our stake and a new ward (Hanson Park) was created. Floyd is now the new bishop. Our bishopric was also changed and the previous YM Pres is now in the bishopric. Our new bishop is coming over on Tuesday night and I'm anxious I might be called to be the new YM Pres!

Gavin and Shawna said...

.....Ya, tell me about it. That 'Lamont guy' moved out of our ward and now I'm the new YM Pres. Lamont, I think if you came back now you could probably still have your old calling back, tempting??? = )

Lamont and Melissa Larsen said...

Gavin,
Let me know when you've got a new Scoutmaster and all the other leaders in place and I'll think about it.