I drove up to Denver last Sunday and on Monday started my new job. I really like the people and it seems like it is going to work out great. The daily commute will take some getting used to though. I'm taking the light rail which sounds cool, but in reality it involves waiting out in the cold for the train, getting packed in like sardines, and all together takes about an hour. If I were to drive downtown it would probably be a little quicker, but I would have to pay $10-12 a day to park since parking is so limited. The train pass is $20 a month. I guess I just got spoiled in Corpus Christi where I had a 15 minute commute with zero traffic. Downtown Denver is pretty neat though. Within walking distance of my work is Coors Field (Rockies), Pepsi Center (Nuggets/Avalanche), INVESCO Field (Broncos), and Six Flags. On my first day, the whole area was swarming with Bronco and Packers fans for the Monday Night Football game. If I would have thought ahead, I would have bought a ticket. I did try and get a ticket to the World Series game that same night, but no dice, and of course the Rockies got swept.
I'm staying in a hotel since our house isn't finished yet. It has a kitchenette so I've got a nice setup, but its still nothing like being at home with Melissa and the boys. Its just for a few weeks thank goodness. I've checked on our home and its almost done. I'll head back to Texas the week of Thanksgiving to load the moving truck and then after the holidays we'll all drive to Denver, close on the house, and move-in. It will sure be nice to be done with all the transition.
Saturday, November 3, 2007
Flying Solo in Denver
Posted by
Lamont and Melissa Larsen
at
7:22 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment