As soon as school got out we were off to Orlando, Florida. We have been planning this trip to Walt Disney World for a very long time. In fact, we got a Disney Visa just after Carter was born to start earning Disney rewards for a future vacation. Finally, it was time for the big trip. It was awesome that my parents and sisters could come with us as well. Disneyland was one of my favorite vacations growing up and one that we took frequently, so it only seemed fitting that they be with us. It was also a big help with the boys and they loved having grandpa, grandma, and the aunts with us. We spent 6 1/2 days in Disney World. Two days was spent in the Magic Kingdom which was definitely a favorite for most, including Tanner. His favorite part of the trip was the Electrical Light Parade. It was pure joy on a baby face. He waved at every character that went by and was just so excited by every moment of the parade. It was so sweet and we were so glad that he was on the trip with us. McKay loved the Buzz Lightyear ride, It's a small world, and tomorrowland speedway.Cinderella's Castle was Amazing, and it was great to be there together
More than anything Carter and McKay wanting to meet Mickey Mouse - they finally got their chance!
My personal favorite, Mary Poppins
The boys trying to pull the sword from the stone
The next day was spent at Animal Kingdom. We enjoyed the Kilimanjaro Safaris and all the wildlife we saw. The Expedition Everest Rollercoaster was also awesome. However, this day was VERY hot and crowded and it was hard to fully enjoy the park. We left a little early this day to hit the pool back at the timeshare.
We spent two days at Epcot and it was another favorite by everyone. There was so much do to and several fun rides as well. We needed one whole day at future world to ride the rides and see the exhibits. Then we needed another whole day for the world showcase. World showcase was Carter's favorite. We were able to go to all the countries presented and shop, see attractions, eat good food, and do Kidcot (the boys were able to collect paper charms for each country to put on a mask). I think that this is the closest I will ever get to visiting some of those countries like Morocco. Finding Nemo was a cute ride with a nice aquarium afterwards
Us visiting China
We also spent one day at Hollywood Studios. In this park there were a lot of good shows and some fun rides. We found that this was a day that we really had to organize our time well to get in the things that we wanted to do. Carter, McKay, and Tanner all enjoyed Playhouse Disney Live, and Toy Story Midway Mania Ride was the other favorite. It was a 4D midway-style game-playing adventure. We ended the night with the fabulous show of Fantasmic.
It was such a fun trip and one that we will remember for a long time. It has now become part of Carter and McKay's "play." They "visit" Mickey in the backyard and slide down the slide onto Pirates of the Carribean. We still think of all the fun memories that were made and hope to make it back sometime in the future. I have to say that I think Disney's motto is appropriate, "Where Dreams Come True..."
Thursday, June 24, 2010
Walt Disney World
Posted by
Lamont and Melissa Larsen
at
12:59 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
What a fun trip! How nice that your family could go as well. I can't believe how big your boys are getting! Carter and McKay look so grown up.
I totally forgot that you guys were going! And you've actually made me want to go there...maybe. We'll see if I can overcome the weather.
How fun! Isn't Disney SO much fun with kids?! It's so awesome to see their excitement over every little thing. We'll be going to Disneyland in California in the fall and my girls are already counting down the days.
Sounds like a blast! I'm glad it was as good as you remembered it! What great memories...
Dreamy!!! What fun to have the whole fam along. It sounds like a wonderful trip full of great memories!!
The Ultimate Vacation!!!
I am so glad you guys took that opportunity. I have to say it is a perfect family vacation. We have gone 3 times...twice in February and once in April. February was not crowded at all and very pleasant. April was a bit more crowded and warmer...but still do-able. Anyhow...and I think you split your time perfectly. How fun!!
Oh wow. That looks like it was so much fun. I hope I get to do that someday. And I can't believe how big your boys are getting! (A sure sign I haven't checked in on your blog often enough!) :) YOU on the other hand, haven't changed a bit since our college days. Anyway, glad you're all doing well. Loves!
Post a Comment