We have had a very busy and fun summer since we have been home from our summer vacation. Here is a little bit about what we have been up to...
We had Reece, Grandma and Grandpa Larsen at our house over the fourth of July. We celebrated with some fireworks of our own and took in a Rockies Baseball game where there was an awesome firework show.
The boys took two sessions of swimming lessons which they really enjoyed. I noticed improvement with both of them. The first day of lessons McKay would not even get in the water, but by the end he was swimming away.
Carter enrolled in a soccer summer camp. Even though it was really hot he seemed to have so much fun. Once again it was great to see his skills really improve. He has come such a long way in soccer!
Both boys have been very involved in our library's summer reading program. They had a to read 15 min. a day for 6 weeks to receive all the prizes. One prize was a pass to Lakeside Amusement park. It was pretty ghetto, but I guess you can't beat free and Carter and McKay sure had a lot of fun. We are now working on the Barnes and Noble reading program.
And last but not least, I attended Girl's Camp with my Young Women for a day. I drove them up to camp and stayed the day with them. Since Tanner is still so small I did not stay the night - I have some great leaders who did. I'm sure next year, however, will be a different story. I have decided that I think camp preparation is almost harder than attending girl's camp and I learned a lot about how to do things next year.Heading up to camp with my Mia Maids and Beehives
Monday, August 10, 2009
Summer Fun!
Posted by
Lamont and Melissa Larsen
at
1:59 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
It sounds like fun at your house this summer! Summer reading programs can be really fun!! Love ya,
Bonnie
Post a Comment