Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Thanksgiving = Family Time


I think Thanksgiving is the time of the year, maybe even arguably more than Christmas, to be around lots of family. Who wants to have a Thanksgiving feast by themselves? I realize sometimes that friends must step in for family, but we were blessed to be able to make the road trip to Utah this year.

It was such a relaxing trip full of good food and fun activities. My whole family was together and we had a really fun time. Some of the highlights included: playing games, going bowling (a big hit with the boys, McKay takes his game pretty seriously), a movie (Twilight for the girls, and Madagascar 2 for my Mom and boys), a scrumptious dinner at the Brazilian grill Tucano's, a trip to see Christmas lights at Temple Square, and a Jazz game. It was a busy five days and it always makes me realize how much I miss being with family. I'm glad we're on the countdown for more family time at Christmas!

4 comments:

Family said...

How fun!! Being with family really is the best, looks like you guys really enjoyed your trip to Utah. I cant wait until we live alittle closer just a few more months. Happy holidays!!!

Becky said...

I TOTALLY agree that you need family or friends around on Thanksgiving! Last year we did both Thanksgiving and Christmas with just the 4 of us. Christmas we LOVED, but it just didn't seem right to have only 4 people around the table at Thanksgiving. So I'm glad Jeromy's parents and nieces came for Thanksgiving. (And I was pretty happy when they left, too!)

Becky said...

Oh, and I'm jealous that you got to see the lights at Temple Square!

Mary said...

I haven't ever seen Christmas lights at Temple Square!! I want to so bad!! How fun!! The boys are as cute as ever!!