Monday, December 15, 2008

Baby, It's Cold Outside...

You know that bone chilling cold, where the minute you step outside and breathe in the air the inside of your nose freezes, yes it is that time of year here. Actually we set records yesterday of a high of -6F and a low of -13F. I would have hardly believed it myself except that I can't remember the last time that I was so cold. Lamont was reminded of his mission days in Winnipeg. I love how Christmasy the snow feels, but here's to hoping for a little warmer temperatures (I guess we made it to a high of 12F today)... last time I checked we didn't live in Canada!

11 comments:

Gavin and Shawna said...

Funny that us wimpy southerners are freezing at 40 degrees today!! Snow is magical, though!
Good thing you have an internal warmer attached to you right now, eh?!

Becky said...

I know, isn't this weather crazy? It did NOT get this cold last winter! I never saw the temp on my computer go above 5 today. I did a blog post with your same title one day a couple weeks ago when it was 16 degrees. Little did I know...

Family said...

That is bone chilling cold brr. My sister lives in Alberta Canada and the other day it was
-40.They have to plug in their cars at night to make sure they dont freeze.
I hope it warms up for you soon. I really like your background on your blog.

Family said...

That is bone chilling cold brr. My sister lives in Alberta Canada and the other day it was
-40.They have to plug in their cars at night to make sure they dont freeze.
I hope it warms up for you soon. I really like your background on your blog.

The Bright Family said...

I guess you should know that the Bright's will NOT be visiting you during the winter!! :) I can't handle 44---brrrrr!

Nat D said...

man... I thought it was cold here in Cali. It's basically Summer here compared to you guys! Got your card...your boys are darling!

We'll be in TX next 4th of July. It would be great to see you guys.

I'll be peeping your blog now!

P.S. Congrats on your #3!

Tynel Jarnagin said...

Ooh, that's so cold! I remember days on end like that when we lived in ND! Stay warm!

Nicole/ Family said...

We are having similar weather and right now I can't believe I ever complained about Texas being too hot. I would love some heat right now. Happy Holidays!

Anonymous said...

We are such BIG babies out here in AZ with 40-50 degree weather. I can't imagine your COLD conditions??!! I would hibernate for a couple of months:-)
PS - Loved your Christmas card!!

Kristi said...

Melissa,
It's Kristi (Larsen)...Richard's wife. Marianne told us about her blog and yours, too! I hope it's alright that we peek in on your cute family. :) It was so good to see you at Bennett's wedding. I wish your family lived closer! I just wanted to invite you to our blog. Ours is private, so I will need an email address. When you can, send me your email to: b-nan@juno.com and I will send you an invite. Have a Merry Christmas!!
Love,
Kristi

Mary said...

That is FREAKING cold!!! Good luck!!