We had a great time these past two weeks with having some family come into town. First, my sister Melanie came and spent a week with us. It was a busy week, but we still managed to have a lot of fun. On Saturday we spent the day at Carter's soccer game and then at the Denver Botanical Gardens. It was such a beautiful day and was perfect to spend wandering through the flower gardens. Later in the week we hit the outlet mall, had a picnic in the park, and went to a new museum called The Wildlife Experience. The boys had a great time with all the interactive exhibits and they even had some mini golf there.
Less than a week later, my brother Josh and his wife Kyle came for their first visit. It was fun to show them around Denver, it was just too bad that the weather didn't want to cooperate. The cold front came through the night they came. While in downtown Denver we went to the Mint. It was a cool tour where we saw some pennies being made. That evening we took the boys to an arcade called Nickel-a-Play. Even though it was a little ghetto, Carter is still talking about it and wants to go back soon. So, I guess it was a success! Saturday was spent at Carter's soccer game, a trip to the pumpkin patch, and a day of watching college football. We were also able to celebrate McKay's birthday while they were in town which was a lot of fun.
The hardest part is the leaving- the house is so quiet and I miss having the company to talk to. The boys miss all the attention. I guess that means we need some more visitors soon...any takers!?
Monday, October 13, 2008
Visitors!!!
Posted by
Lamont and Melissa Larsen
at
5:36 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
How fun to have family come! Melissa, you look great and we can't wait to hear the results after Thursday's sonogram! We love you!
You are the cutest prego lady...I have never seen you prego!
You are just close enough that everyone can come visit...how perfect!!
Let's cross our fingers that Gav can get an interview there in Colorado for Ophtho....
I love going new places....I'd come visit you if I had any money!! : ( Colorado looks so pretty and I've always wanted to go,the only time I've ever been there was a 1 hour lay over in the Denver airport. The kids are too cute and getting so big!! How do you feel? When do you find out what you're having?
I love when family comes to town. I am glad you guys had fun. I like the picture of the boys in the pumpkin so jealous with we had a real pumpkin farm.
wish not with.he he he
Post a Comment