Tuesday, June 24, 2008

While in town...

With the funeral being in Utah, the boys and I decided that we might as well make it an extended stay. We had planned on visiting later in the month, but our visit ended up being longer and earlier than originally planned. It was truly a relaxing trip and some quality family time. We spent some time shopping (it always seems like there's good shopping in Utah), took two trips to the zoo, ate at some great restraunts including Cafe Rio, and went to a Bees baseball game, just to mention a few. The boys were spoiled with attention and we all had a great time. I was not great with taking pictures on the trip, but here are a few...

Riding the carousel at the zoo

Aunt Michelle reading stories

Lunch with Juice Grandma

A highlight for McKay was playing with the cats and dog

5 comments:

The Bright Family said...

I'm sorry about Lamont's grandmother--but I'm sure ya'll were glad to be living close enough to family to be able to be there for each other.

Anonymous said...

Yes, and you drove right passed us:) so who all lives at home still???

Taryn said...

I am glad you were able to get in some good family time while you were home. I am sure the kids loved being near all their loved ones.

Patty said...

I saw your blog site on Amber's blog page. I'm sorry about the death in your family. I looks like you did have a good time with your family though. We miss you in C.C. III Ward!!

The Bright Family said...

if you were wondering . . . we MISS you Melissa here in Corpus!!!!! A few of us got together last night & you were a missing link--just thinking about you & wishing you hadn't moved. :(